Friday, January 06, 2006

 

The results from the Friday hospital trip

We're back. It took 3 hours to get our new meds but we got them. My total med intake is 9 pills and an inhaler. We came home with

gatifloxacin 400 mg for resporatory infection,
potassiumchloride 8 mg for supplementation,
furosemide 40mg for fluid retention.,
albuterol 90/ipratrop 18mg 200d po inhl, combivent inhaler.

All these are short term for fluid retention in my lungs and left leg. All this means is I will pee alot. The rest of me is doing fine. all me incessions are non-infectious and healing nicely. If only I could breath!

Without the ability to get a good breath, my walking and breathing exercises are suffering. Hopefully the fluid on my lung will disappear and I can exercise more again. When ever I can, I must get my feet above my chest and help fluid in my leg to drain. My leg is really large. To large to wear any shoes.

We will be back in 2 weeks for my next appointment and see if the fluid is gone. Hopefull it will be as the next option is a stay in the hospital for a fluid change.

Hope you guys in "Q" have a good time and we do wish we were there. Drive carefully and be safe.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?