Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

The End of the Scanning is in Sight

We are getting closer to the end. There is some empty albums and lots of loose photo's that appear to be duplicates. We will go thru these and keep them but not scan them. The mold and mildew smell is just bad. These have been boxed for years and had no air. Now we are getting them out and yuck.

We are upto 1600+ photos with news clippings etc included. Once we get all this sorted and texted, copies will be made and sent to all the relatives we have address's for their use. The actual photo's will go to the kids and grandkids. Someone must keep them for future generations.

My mother did the genology with the Latter Day Saints software and I do like it. I have seen atleast one other software but I like the way this software works. Besides it was free. Once I get some time, I will post this and make it available for viewing.

We will try to leave here by friday and head to Jal, NM for the night or the weekend. If they have full hookups, we will, I should say DW, wash our clothes. Our onboard washer/dryer is slow but it is free and does a better job than the laundries we have to use. Our clothes look terrible from their machines.

From Jal we are planning on stopping at Wink for a couple of days. Then on to Pecos, TX for a couple of days to look at family property. From there its to Three Rivers, NM and the wall writings. So stay with us.

Comments:
Well, I really admire your fortitude, Richard and Shirley, because scanning the pix was going to be my job the first year on the road. But guess what? You guessed it. It didn't get done. Maybe next year.

Dale
 
Now Dale, you got time on your hands and rainy dyas. That's the time to do it. Gesides, you can only nap so much in the afternoon.

And Jan, we are southern Baptist using the software. Tho my mom became a LDS member late in her life, I find the software for this ole Baptist to be very user friendly. You did a good job.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?