Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

The JAL Cowboy Days Celebration this Saturday

The beginnings of the celebration at the lake. We have some vendors setting up and people arriving. If you look real close there is a flat bed in the picture. This is where the bands will play and for those wishing to dance, the basketball court is the dance floor.
The parade is in progress with the Wells Fargo stage coming into view. A real nice stagecoach with horses. For this small town, the parade was well done.
And the parade is over, as there goes the stage out of town. Shirley made the comment that the girls here are pretty. I didnt get any pics of the Queen and Princess. I have a pretty girl with me so I dont need photos of other girls.
Another vendor setup. They have BBQ, Tex-Mex, water and pinapple-bannana drinks and the usual vendor items. I told Shirley is a carnival was here, there would be lots of people. Somebody has to sponser the carnival (IE, put up the money).
Temp now is 102 and I should say climbing.
And climbing it did to 107 at this edit.
Lets update the temp, its 108 at this time.
Its not over yet, now at 3:55 pm its 109. Is 110 around the corner?

Comments:
Nice pictures!

Sure glad that your in NM and not me. 80 degrees is hot enough!

Janice
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?