Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

Sunday Morning or Mid Day

We are still here enjoying ourselves. Since we can't go anyplace, its walk the park and observe the campers. I will post an update on the car monday as to what, where and $. Since there are other shops in town, I'll stop by and get prices for this alternater repair.

DW is doing about the same. If the car was drivable, we couldn't go till she is much better. Hopefully that will be by Tuesday so she can see the 4th in town. The weather has been great and the place we are at is very pretty with the green grass. Other than the roads here , the only gravel is under the rv. The rest of the place is grass, green grass.

There are two rv parks here, side by side using the same exit and bridge. One has the river and the other has the mountain. And both are for sale. We got the mountain as the river was full when I called. In fact all the parks in the area were full except this one. The Passport America park west of here on US160 was a "pass". We did drive thru it and drove right out of it. DW wanted to stay one day to look around but I thought it was so bad that I "drove" out without stopping. We did find an abandonded rv park near the US84 turnoff north of town. We pulled in there and parked the rv and took the car hunting for a place to stay.

Both rv parks ar full. The tent area is full. The showers are very busy. Our park, Acres Green, has wifi. I have made our wifi unaccessable since there is wifi available.

The grocery store in town is a Kroger affilate. The new one is south of town and the older one is near the downtown area, or the hot springs. They are City Market. I will try the golf driving range soon and see if me and this altitude can play. At $50 plus cart, I will play if I can. If not, then save my money for a later day. By the way, this is the only golf in town and the more expensive course is north of the pass on US160.

If there are any happenings here, I'll do an update.

Temp: 82 with PC skies.

Nothing new to report. But I did look at the belt tension adjuster and I will see if I can loosen the belt. With that done, I will do the repair of the alternater myself and save a bundle. I will also call the chevy house in Darango and get a price for the alternater. We will be mobile again, makes me feel like a teenager geting to use the car.

We had the last of the Walmart steaks, tough little bugers. We bought Kroger steaks last week before the car problem, much better.

We have showers and a temp of 64. Nice for ya'll in the heat of.....

Charlin asked- my leg has Dermitis caused by a lack of blood flow when a vein is removed. Its treatable with a Rx cream we have. Its doing real well. And its raining at 11 pm.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?