Monday, December 04, 2006

 

We did go to the golf course today

The high was 56* with a light north wind. I wore jeans, t shirt, sweat swirt and a light jacket. It was cooler than 56* when I started about 1 pm. I only played the back nine at $6.00. I did a little putting at the practice green. It was slow and fairly flat. From there I went to the #10 tee and was off. The tee box is good, most of the fairways are not and the greens are fair. Its my understanding the super is working on making the course a better course with more water to get the grass to grow.

I played all the tees from the back "black". Not that I'm any good but to get a feel for the length of the 6700 yards. The 11th hole is a par 3 with an island green. Its about 196 yards. #13 is a 425 yard par 4 with water on the left after the tee shot. #16 is a par 4, 436 yards with water short of the green. #18 is a long par 5, 554 yards, with water on the left side. The green is below the fairway and for my first time was difficult to find. I ended up in the water left of the green. Nearlly all the greens are flat. #18 slopes toward the water on the right. Lost ball tally, 2 in the knee high rough and 1 in the water. Need to find balls to replace my found practice sack.

I will play the front nine or the full 18 tomorrow as its a warmer day, high in the mid 60's. Wednesday will be the last golf day till sunday with lower temps and possible rain.

DW will fly home for a week wednesday at 11:10 am so my golf is in the afternoon. She will be gone a week so I will have to eat out to keep from cooking. I'll get to the laundry down the way and wash the clothes to make her think I've been working hard, (don't tell her I played golf while she was gone). With all this local knowledge, lets see if I can break 100.

Temp: 55*, 40* this morning.
Propane is $2.20 per gallon, the electric heat and water heater are off.
Electric usage: to date its 159 kwh @ $0.15/kwh.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?